Sunday, October 20, 2013

Do What You Love...

Readings:
Ecclesiastes 3:22 --"So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them "(NIV)

Colossians 3:23--"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters" (NIV)


I work on feet. I enjoy it. And yes, when I reply to someone when being asked what I'm doing these days, I get some interesting expressions as well as responses. As you can guess, the most heard question is, "Why?"

Why indeed...

Many who have asked have heard my story. I had worked in education for 27 years in different capacities--I've always loved sharing information with others. So, it seemed only natural that I would continue on the "sharing trail" even if formal education was no longer my daily job.

One day it came to me--reflexology. Up until that day, the only knowledge I had on the topic was the contents of one 20+ year old book I had bought on a whim. A book that, every once in awhile, I would pick up and read a bit. It intrigued me--but not enough to give it more than a passing glance. Nevertheless, when I donated a bunch of my books to the library a few years back, the reflexology book stayed on the shelf. Why? No idea.

Isn't it neat how God works? It was all in the timing.

And so God led me on an interesting journey to Greenfield, Indiana, to study feet...and so much more.

With this new work that I do, I am once again able to share--information, hope, healing energy, positive thinking, and, through Reiki which came to me via the reflexology practice, unconditional love.

I've always read that when one works doing what one truly loves, all good things follow. I am blessed--I know it. I also know beyond a shadow of a doubt that these are gifts from God is that I am being allowed to share with others. I pray each morning that I will be able to continue to share these gentle gifts with many different folks. I thank God each night for those He brought to me.

There is nothing better than a person to enjoy his/her work. Unfortunately, so many go through life doing work that is only work. If we look at the verse that tells us, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters" perhaps everyone's work will be more fulfilling. By serving our brothers and sisters with good and honest work, we are, at all times, serving our Lord. I hope all of you will be able to find love in your work--if not, remember that all work we do to help others is good in God's eyes.

Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment